First long heavy-ion data taking of Run 3: 26 Sep 2023 to 30 Oct 2023
LIVE: from the CERN Control Centre
Thursday, 2 November 2023 at 3PM
CERN Bulletin articles on Run 3 lead ion collisions:
- Accelerator Report: "Ending the 2023 run with a quench"
- Accelerator Report: "Optimisation for greater success (and new challenges)"
- The LHC lead-ion collision run starts
- Accelerator Report: SPS and LHC lead-ion physics: navigating technical hurdles for success
- Spokesperson's message: CDS, YouTube
- What's new for lead ion collisions by ALICE Run Coordinator: CDS, YouTube
- ACR video 1
- ACR video 2
- ACR video 3
- Lead-lead collisions start at the LHC after 5 years